gallery/mag glass

care search

CALL  020 3669 2602

Frequently Asked Questions

How is Care regulated?

Care Quality Commission (CQC) is the the independent regulator of health and adult social care in England. They ensure care services in England provide people with safe, effective and high-quality care. They carry out inspections and publish these inspections on the internet. In Scotland, the independent regulator is the Care Inspectorate and in Wales it is the Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW).

What's typically included in the cost of a care home?

Care homes can offer many benefits, such as security, peace of mind and companionship. The cost of the home usually includes 24-hour personalised care, a range of recreational activities and events, meals and refreshments, a full laundry service, and bed linen and towels. There is no need to worry about utility bills or council tax as they are all included. Additional costs can include things such as physiotherapy, chiropody, occupational therapy and hairdressing.

Most care homes allow and even encourage residents to bring small items of furniture, pictures and personal belongings to help them feel at home when they move in. 

Can I take my own furniture?

There is usually a six-week trial period after you move into a care home, to make sure that it is the right place to meet your needs, and that you are happy there. If during this period you decide that it's not suitable for you, you can consider other options.

What if I am unhappy with the care home?

I still have more questions, what can I do?

What tasks will my carer carry out in my home?

Care agencies will usually have a list of tasks the care workers can carry out. The agency will work with you to develop a personal care plan. This will instruct the care workers of the tasks that will be carried out each day. The care plan will look at the health, social care and level of support needed.

What if my care needs change at home?

Agencies carry out reviews on a regular basis. If you feel your needs have changed and would like to be reviewed contact the agency to arrange this. 

Am I eligible for NHS Continuing Healthcare?

NHS continuing healthcare is for people who have complex needs. The NHS will arrange and pay for the care outside the hospital environment. Eligibility depends on how intense and severe the care needs are. Initial screening will be carried out by a social or health care professional. You may then be referred for a full assessment.